Translate

Music (in abc notation) and stories

Followers

Friday, December 18, 2009

Do you see what I see? Do you hear what I hear?

A cold clear night, stars twinkle above. I can make out the shape of Orion the hunter near the horizon, and the Great Bear, riding high. And as I watch, a figure materialises, like a man outlined in fire, or a shower of gold dust, up there outshining the stars. He's so beautiful, I've never seen anyone like him!
His voice... well I know it's a cliché but his voice is loud and clear, the best way I can describe it is like the sound of a trumpet Glory to God in the highest! And on Earth, peace, good will to men. And before I know it the sky is full of these radiant beings, the stars barely visible. And the music! Oh, the music of their singing!
As they faded from view I was such a mix of emotions; I felt so little, so insignificant, and shameful, as if I had been in the presence of someone who knew the worst things I had ever done, yet at the same time I was so full of joy, I wanted to laugh and cry, and love and be loved. It was some minutes before I realised that my eyes were streaming with tears and my knees were numb on the cold hard ground.

Whatever you believe, whatever faith you keep, let me wish you a very Happy Christmas. And know this, something is coming; something wonderful!
    Creative Commons License                My site was nominated for Best Blogging Host!

The    written content of this work is licensed under a Creative    Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 Unported License.      

2 comments:

Mama Bear said...

Amen to that! Folks are just NOW starting to study acoustics at ancient sites. As you know.. youngest has been studying acoustical archeology for quite some time.. But, they are just NOW starting to look at some of the ancient caves.. to see how sound and music played an integral part in our ancestors. Me thinks.. they are FINALLY starting to tap into what only a few of us inherently already knew, eh!!

PS.. Just found out.. in Gaelic.. Artair ( The ancient name of Arthur ) means.. Bear or stone! Many did NOT know.. that BEFORE Christianity came to the isle.. that they worshiped the bear. So.. was it the REAL bear.. or the bear of the heavens?

" from an old Celtic name whose meaning is thought to be either "bear" or "stone."

Melanie Boxall said...

There are examples of bear worship right across the Northern hemisphere, and I think we can safely assume the constellation was named after that, as you would need quite a massive imagination to call it a bear based on its shape.

Search

Google